Specialization: Contemporary Chinese media
Office: HSSB 2214
Office Hours: Mondays 10–11am and 4–5pm
Office Hours Time Period: Fall 2018
My research interests include contemporary Chinese media, media anthropology (especially reception studies), and literary theory. My PhD research consists of an ethnographic analysis of media consumption in urban China. More specifically, I will focus on Guangzhou youth’s consumption of media contents concerning love and intimacy.
- M.Phil., Social Anthropology, University of Oxford, 2014.
- B.A., French, Renmin University of China, 2012.
- Anthropology, Université Paris Nanterre, 2010–2011.
- Fall 2018, 2016, & 2015 – RG ST/EACS 21: Zen Buddhism
- Spring 2018, 2017, & 2016 – EACS 4B: East Asian Traditions: Modern
- Winter 2018, 2017, & 2016 – EACS 4A: East Asian Traditions: Pre-Modern
- Fall 2017 – CHIN 35: Introduction to Taiwan Literature
- 2017 – 接下来会发生什么？——对未来的焦虑 [Chinese translation of Stafford, Charles. 2007. ‘What Is Going to Happen Next?’, in Rita Astuti, Jonathan Parry, & Charles Stafford, eds., Questions of Anthropology. Oxford: Berg.] 西南民族大学学报 [Journal of Southwest Minzu University] 38 (313): 13—20.