All majors include coursework in East Asian cultural studies (involving one or more East Asian countries). For courses associated with each major, see the Course Catalog.
All majors and minors in the department are required to take:
– A minimum of 6 quarters of lower division language (can be waived through placement exam)
– Both of our core courses: EACS4A AND EACS4B. Both courses must be taken for a letter grade.
Alumni of our East Asian Languages majors have gone on to pursue successful careers in fields as diverse as banking, diplomacy, international business, law, public service, research, teaching and the arts.
To declare a East Asian concentration or minor, students should make an appointment with the Department advisor, Alyson Alexander.
How to make an appointment:
On your e-mail, please provide:
2. Perm Number
3. Day(s) you are available to see me
4. Time(s) you are available to see me
5. Reason for the appointment
Advising Hours are Monday-Friday 9AM-12PM and 1PM-4PM at HSSB 4038