My research interests lie primarily in feminist and LGBT organisations in contemporary urban China. Broadly speaking, I seek to understand contemporary Chinese society with anthropological theory and methods.
- M.Phil., Social Anthropology, University of Oxford, 2014. Thesis: ‘The Political Economy of Romantic Love: Filial Piety, State, and Money in Post-Mao Urban China’
- B.A., French, Renmin University of China, 2012. Thesis: ‘Lieu de culte, lieu de rencontre : Une association chinoise à Paris’ (Place of Worship, Place of Encounter: A Chinese Association in Paris)
- Ethnology, Université Paris Ouest Nanterre La Défense, 2010-2011.
- Spring 2016 & Spring 2017 – EACS 4B: East Asian Traditions: Modern
- Winter 2016 & Winter 2017 – EACS 4A: East Asian Traditions: Pre-Modern
- Fall 2015 & Fall 2016 – RG ST 21/EACS 21: Zen Buddhism
- ‘Private Life under Emotional Capitalism: Love and Family in Contemporary Taiwan.’ UCSB International Conference on Taiwan Studies, University of California, Santa Barbara. 10-11 May 2016.
- ‘Place of Worship, Place of Encounter: A Chinese Association in Paris.’ Oxford Migration Studies Society 2013 Conference, University of Oxford. 4 May 2013.