Chinese Literature and Film
Urban Strangers: Representations of Migrant Workers in Contemporary Chinese Literature, Film and Popular Culture
- M.A. University of Colorado Boulder
- M.A. Thesis: Women, Men, Love and Sexual Discourse in Ye Lingfeng’s Fiction
- B.A. Nanjing University, China
- 2009-2011 Chinese 4: Intermediate Chinese for Heritage Students Dr. Guan
- Spring 2011, 2010 EACS 4B: East Asian Modern Dr. Berry & Dr. Nathan
- Winter 2010, 2009 Chinese 40: Popular Culture in Chinese Societies Dr. Berry
- Winter 2010 Beginning Chinese Dr. Chen
- Winter 2009 History 80: East Asian Histories Dr. Ji
- 2013 WCAAS Best Graduate Student Paper Prize
- 2008-2013 Regents Special Scholarship, University of California Santa Barbara
- 2006-2008 Barrett Scholarship, University of Colorado Boulder
- 2005-2006 University Scholarship, University of Colorado Boulder
Conference papers presented:
- 3/25/2013 “Gendered Tales of Urban Adventures: Media Representations of Migrant Workers in 1980s and 1990s in China,” Fudan-UC Center on Contemporary China Conference on “China’s Domestic Challenges.”
- 11/10/2012 “Globalization, Migrant Workers and Chinese Nationalism in the Cinematic Representations,” 69th Annual South Central MLA Conference, San Antonio, TX.
- 10/11/2012 “A Century of Urban Dreams and the Migrant Narrative: a New Insight into ‘Stories of Rural People Going to the City’ in the 20th Century Chinese Literature, Film and Popular Culture,” The Western Conference of the Association for Asian Society, West Yellowstone, MT.
- 6/6/2009 “Recapturing Memory in a Floating City,” East Asian Colloquium Graduate Student Conference, UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA.
- 11/9/2008 “Multimedia Aids in First-year Chinese Instruction,” The Third Chinese Language Pedagogy Colloquium, Cate School, Carpinteria, CA.
- Dr. Michael Berry, Department of East Asian Languages and Cultural Studies
- Dr. Hsiao-Jung Yu, Department of East Asian Languages and Cultural Studies
- Dr. Michael Curtin, Department of Film and Media Studies