Chinese Historical and Applied Linguistics
My research interests focus on teaching Chinese as a second/foreign language, second language acquisition, and Chinese culture studies. Besides, I am also interested in Chinese language development, the history of Chinese, language contact and Chinese literature.
Besides my studies, I like making Chinese paper-cuts and practicing calligraphy when I am free. I also like outdoor activities, such as hiking, running, climbing mountains and so on.
- M.A. Thesis: The Grammaticalization of the Chinese Verbal Le: from Perfect to Perfective
- M.A. Beijing Language and Culture University
- B.A. Beijing Language and Culture University
- 6/2012 – 7/2012: International Education Center, Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU).
- Participated in a one-month program teaching foreign students elementary Chinese listening and speaking.
- 9/2011 – 7/2012: The College of Advanced Chinese Training, BLCU.
- Part-time; taught Chinese to elementary-level Preparatory Students whose native languages were English, French, Spanish, Russian.
- 6/2010 – 7/2011: The College of Intensive Chinese Training, BLCU.
- Part-time; taught elementary Comprehensive Chinese during Summer Program and intermediate Speaking Chinese during academic year.
- 6-8/2008: Columbia Summer Program, BLCU.
- One-on-one Chinese tutor.
- 2009 – 2010: Center for Studies of Chinese as a Second Language Award for Scientific Research
- 2004 – 2005: BCLU School third-class Scholarship for Excellent Undergraduate Students
- 2003 – 2004: National Scholarship for Excellent Students of P.R. China
Conference Papers Presented:
- 8/2011: “The Grammaticalization of the Verbal LE in Chinese as an Aspect Marker from Perfect to Perfective,” presented at the 6th International Academic Symposium on Grammaticalization Problems of Chinese.”
- 10/2010: “The Origin of the Form ‘V+O+LE (了)’ and ‘V+LE (了)+O’ and the Emergence of LE1 as an Aspect Marker,” presented in the 9th Biennial Linguistic Conference of Beijing, Beijing Language and Culture University.
- 5/2009: “The Theoretical and Teaching Study of LAIZHE ‘来着,’ ” presented at the 3rd Annual Forum of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language of Beijing, Peking University.
- Dr. Hsiao-Jung Yu, Department of East Asian Languages and Cultural Studies