- M.A., Chinese Literature, University of Colorado, Boulder
- M.A. Thesis: The Spiritual World of Wang Anyi’s The Song of Everlasting Sorrow
Kyungnam University (South Korea)
- Spring 2014 – Chinese 3: Elementary Modern Chinese
- Winter 2014 – Chinese 2: Elementary Modern Chinese
- Fall 2013 – Chinese 1: Elementary Modern Chinese
Other Teaching Experience:
- 1/2011 Chinese Language Instructor, Rocky Mountain Chinese School
- 8/2009-5/2011 Chinese Language Teaching Assistant, University of Colorado at Boulder
- 6-8/2010 Program Assistant, STARTALK Program for Middle School Teachers, University of Colorado at Boulder
- 3/2008 Program Leader & Chinese Language Instructor, Adult Language Program, Concordia Village, Minnesota
- 2007-08 Private Chinese Language Tutor, Moorhead, Minnesota
- 2007-08 Chinese Language Teacher, Centennial Elementary School, Fargo, North Dakota
- 2007-08 Teaching Assistant, Chinese Language/Culture, Concordia College, Minnesota
- 2007 Teacher, Chinese Language and Culture, OSU Intensive Chinese Language Summer Program
- 2007 Teaching Assistant, “Chinese Communism,” Tamkang University, Taiwan
- 2003-04 English Teacher, Hess English Institution, Taiwan
- 2002-04 Chinese Teacher, Chin-In Bu xi ban, Taiwan
- 2012-2014, Center for Taiwan Studies Fellowship, UCSB Scholarship from Ministry of Education, Republic of China
- 2011-2012, Academic Year Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Summer 2007, Awarded College Board Scholarship for Summer Chinese Language Teaching Program, Ohio State University
- 2007, Honor member of the Phi Tau Phi Scholastic Honor Society, Taiwan
“Useful Forms of Old and New: The Historical Significance of Mandarin Ducks and Butterflies Literature.” 33rd Mid-American Conference on History, Oklahoma.
“Father Knows Best: Floating Identities and Generation Cultural Contradiction in Ang Lee’s Pushing Hands.” UCLA 4th China Undisciplined Graduate Conference, Los Angeles, CA.
“A Life Extraordinary: Gender and Androgyny in Wang Anyi’s Brothers.” CU-Boulder Asian Studies Graduate Association Annual Conference, Boulder, Colorado.
“Also Like Life: Tradition and Change of Glove Puppet Theater in Taiwan 1895-2004.” Co- presented with Clayton Caroon. The American Folklore Society Annual Meeting. Louisville, KY.
“Also Like Life: Tradition and Change of Glove Puppet Theater in Taiwan 1895-2004.” Co- presented with Clayton Caroon. Translation/Transformation, a joint conference sponsored by The Ohio State University Folklore Student Association and the Indiana University Folklore & Ethnomusicology Student Association. Columbus, Ohio.
- Professor Michael Berry