If you have studied Chinese previously or speak it at home, you still must take the placement exam to take Chinese language courses at UCSB.
The placement test is online test and consists of listening, speaking, reading and writing with beginner and intermediate levels. It takes about 2-3 hours, depending on your level of Chinese.
- Oct. 3, Tuesday, from 2:00-3:30 pm. At HSSB 2252
- Oct. 4, Wednesday, from 3:30-4:30 pm. At HSSB 2252
- Please sign up in advance by sending your background information sheet to the Chinese Language Coordinator, Daoxiong GuanInformation Sheet (MS-word)
Information Sheet (form-fillable PDF) edit only with Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro!
- Choose the date and time
1) The dates above are the only dates for Fall Quarter 2017
2) How to prepare for the placement test: Review the materials (textbooks) of the course(s) you have taken before. Refer to the course descriptions for more information on the each level of our Chinese courses. If you have a certain course you wish to take, look at the course description of the course prior to it.
Visit the Chinese Language Program website for more information about the program.