As a student at UC Santa Barbara, you’ll have plenty of resources to support your academic pursuits and personal lifestyle. The city of Santa Barbara and the University both provide many cultural and recreational opportunities and the offices and organizations on campus provide assistance with everything from health insurance to academic advising. By taking advantage of the services and opportunities available you can guarantee a rewarding experience, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Campus Learning Assistance Services (CLAS) – Wide range of tutorial and academic skills programs
- Campus U-Mail – .edu email adress for all UCSB graduate students.
- Computer Labs – Student-use computer labs across campus with FREE software instructional classes
- Library – East Asian resource library, reference and catalog services.
Housing and Personal Resources
- Child Care – Programs, support groups, and financial assistance information.
- Community Affairs Board – Volunteer opportunities through service in the community.
- Counseling & Career Services – Career exploration, counseling, employment opportunities.
- Financial Aid – Provides a network of support services for students to assist with academic, financial, personal, career, social and cultural needs.
- Housing – Housing options, applications and virtual tour.
- Amtrak – Train stations in Goleta and Santa Barbara with schedule information.
- Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District (MTD) – Santa Barbara bus schedules and routes.
- Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition – Local organization that promotes biking and hosts cycling events.
- UCSB Transportation & Parking Services – Information about parking permits, campus shuttles and alternative transportation.
- Transportation Alternatives Program – Information on alternative campus transportation.
- Arts & Lectures – Presents a lively and diverse performing arts season of music, dance, theater, public lectures, films, and writers’ readings featuring internationally acclaimed artists.
- Daily Nexus – Online UCSB campus newspaper.
- Gauchos Sports – Basketball, baseball, cross country, golf, swimming, tennis, etc. Find out when and where our teams our playing. Go Gauchos!
- Graduate Students Association (GSA) – Graduate students’ governing body; represents the student community at the local, state and national levels.
- Graduate News – News about current graduates and alumni.
- Santa Barbara Visitors Bureau – Information about beautiful Santa Barbara and the surrounding areas.
- Santa Barbara Independent – Weekly information on movies, events, clubs, bands etc.
- UCSB Office of Student Life (OSL) – Administers Campus Organizations, Fraternities & Sororities, and Leadership Development. Clubs and organizations offer opportunities to meet new people, develop leadership skills, integrate course work with practical experiences, and gain a well-rounded education. There are over 250 active organizations at UCSB.
- UCSB Recreation Center – Hours of operation, classes, employment opportunities.